What's your outlook on the economic health of the electronics industry for this quarter?
- Robust and growing 13%
- Showing moderate strength 63%
- Stagnant 16%
- Somewhat weak 6%
- A steep decline 2%
How's your project workload shaping up for the next quarter?
- Too much to manage 15%
- Rising but manageable 40%
- About the same 33%
- Fewer projects in the pipeline 12%
Is your company headed in the right direction to achieve stability and/or growth?
- Yes, management has a strong game plan 28%
- We're almost on the right track 40%
- We're positioned to tread water 26%
- No, we've taken a wrong turn 6%
During the upcoming quarter, will your company's workforce...
- Increase 36%
- Decrease 10%
- Stay the same 54%
During this year, will your company's revenues...
- Grow substantially 17%
- See a modest uptick 59%
- Remain flat 17%
- Drop slightly 5%
- Fall dramatically 2%
What one professional issue is of greatest concern to you?
- Job security 18%
- Your company's long-term viability 37%
- General health of the economy 25%
- The outsourcing trend 20%
What's your guess on your compensation for the coming year?
- It should rise 56%
- It will stay the same 38%
- Wages and/or benefits could be cut 6%
Do you see opportunities for career advancement in engineering?
- Yes, opportunity is rampant 21%
- Some opportunity but with limits 68%
- No, it's a dead-end career path 11%