Rev up fuel efficiency
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. Eligibility: The Rev Up Fuel Efficiency Design Contest ("Contest") is open to legal residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, who are 21 years or older as of June 5, 2008. Employees of Penton Media, Inc. and Infineon Technologies North America Corp. (collectively, "Sponsors"), their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and their family members (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) and/or those living in the same household are not eligible to enter. Void outside the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law. All federal, state and/or local rules and regulations apply.
3. How to Enter: Enter by filling out an official entry form available on autoelectronics.com/contest/rev-up (the "Site"), and submit a written circuit design proposal which demonstrates how selected Infineon products can enable or improve energy efficiency for automotive applications ("Proposal"). Your Proposal should contain the following sections:
Official entry form and Proposal shall be collectively referred to herein as "Entry". To enter: Log onto Site and submit Entry between 12:01 am ET on June 5, 2008 and 11:59 pm ET on August 15, 2008 ("Contest Period"). All online entrants must have a valid email address and all online Proposals must be submitted in either Adobe Acrobat (PDF) or Microsoft Word format.
Limit one Entry per person. Multiple entries are not permitted. Sponsors shall not be responsible for lost, late, mutilated, postage due, or misdirected entries. Entry forms or requests that are printed by machine, mechanically reproduced, tampered with, illegible or incomplete are not eligible. All Entries must include completed Entry form. All Entries must be the fully original creations of the entrants. In the event an insufficient number of eligible Entries are received, the Sponsors reserve the right to cancel the Contest and shall be under no obligation to award the prizes.
The Sponsors reserve the right to reject any Entries that it deems, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate, for any reason whatsoever.
4. Judging Criteria: Entrants will be judged on or about September 29, 2008 based on the following, equally weighted criteria: (a) benefits/usefulness to consumers; (b) originality; (c) technical merit; (d) marketability; and (e) use of Infineon products. Judges will include Auto Electronics editors, Power editors from Penton's Electronic Design Group and Infineon personnel, to be determined. Winners will be notified on or about September 29, 2008 and will be announced at the 2008 Convergence Show in Detroit, which is scheduled to take place on or about October 20, 2008 - October 22, 2008 (the "Event"). All decisions by the judges are final.
Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive USD $10,000, plus roundtrip coach airfare from the US airport nearest Grand Prize winner's home to Detroit, MI on the airline of Sponsors' choice and one night complimentary accommodations at a hotel of Sponsors' choosing in or around Detroit, MI to attend the 2008 Convergence Show and announcement of prize at the Event. ARV of Grand Prize: $11,500. Ground transportation, meals, in-room or other personal charges (such as minibar and movies) at lodging, telephone calls, gratuities, incidentals and all other expenses are not included. Winner must be available to travel on or about October 20, 2008 or prize may be forfeited and awarded to the entrant with the next highest score.
Second Place: One (1) Second Place Winner will receive USD $5,000 plus roundtrip coach airfare from the US airport nearest Second Place winner's home to Detroit, MI on the airline of Sponsors' choice and one night complimentary accommodations at a hotel of Sponsors' choosing in or around Detroit, MI to attend the 2008 Convergence Show and announcement of prize at Event. ARV of Second Prize: $6,500. Ground transportation, meals, in-room or other personal charges (such as minibar and movies) at lodging, telephone calls, gratuities, incidentals and all other expenses are not included. Winner must be available to travel on or about October 20, 2008 or prize may be forfeited and awarded to the entrant with the next highest score.
Third Place: One (1) Third Place Winner will receive USD $2,000, plus roundtrip coach airfare from the US airport nearest Third Place winner's home to Detroit, MI on the airline of Sponsors' choice and one night complimentary accommodations at a hotel of Sponsors' choosing in or around Detroit, MI to attend the 2008 Convergence Show and announcement of prize at Event. ARV of Third Prize: $3,500. Ground transportation, meals, in-room or other personal charges (such as minibar and movies) at lodging, telephone calls, gratuities, incidentals and all other expenses are not included. Winner must be available to travel on or about October 20, 2008 or prize may be forfeited and awarded to the entrant with the next highest score.
Prizes will be awarded by October 22, 2008. ARV of all prizes combined: $21,500. Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of any prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All unspecified expenses are the responsibility of winners.
6. Entries: All Entries and requests become the property of the Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned. All Entries must be the original creation of the entrant, may not have won previous prizes and must not infringe on any third party rights. By entering, each entrant warrants and represents that (i) your respective Entries are your own fully original creations, and your respective Entries (including but not limited to any materials integrated into your Entries) will not infringe or violate the rights of any third parties, including but not limited to patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, rights of publicity/privacy, (ii) you are the owner or have obtained and currently hold valid and sufficient rights (including the right in all third party intellectual property) to grant to the Sponsors, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates and agents the rights granted herein, (iii) your entering the Contest is not prohibited or restricted by the your employer(s) in any way. By entering this Contest, each entrant hereby grants and agrees to grant to Sponsors and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates and agents, a non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide right and license to reproduce, modify, create derivative works of, display, publicly perform, demonstrate, use and distribute (through multiple tiers of distributors) each Entry. Except where prohibited by law, submission of an Entry grants Sponsors and their agents the right to (i) photograph the winners and use the winners' names, pictures, likenesses and city and state of residence for editorial, trade, advertising and publicity purposes, without further compensation, and (ii) publish, produce, use, adapt, edit and/or modify the Entry in any way and in any and all media, without limitation and without compensation to the entrant.
A clarification on Intellectual Property as defined by these rules.
7. Affidavit of Eligibility/Release: Potential winners will be notified on or about September 29, 2008 and will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and, where lawful, a Publicity Release within 14 days of attempted prize notification, or an alternate winner will be chosen. All taxes on prizes and unspecified expenses are solely the responsibility of the winners. If the winner cannot be contacted within five (5) calendar days of first notification attempt, if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if winner rejects his/her prize or is unable to attend the Event, or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected from all remaining eligible Entries. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Limit one prize per person or household.
8. Conditions: By participating, entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsors, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotions agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, infringement of third party rights, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Sponsors are not responsible if Contest cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way shall be disqualified. Sponsors are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of these Official Rules, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution, or production errors, and may modify or cancel Contest based upon such an error at their sole discretion, and without liability. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest should (in its sole discretion) non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsors may select the winners from all eligible Entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsors. By providing your e-mail address, you grant Sponsors the right to send you commercial messages, unless specified otherwise as indicated on the Entry form. Sponsors will be collecting personal data about entrants online, in accordance with their respective privacy policies. Please review the Sponsors' privacy policies at http://www.penton.com/Pages/PrivacyStatement.aspx and http://www.infineon.com/cms/en/corporate/privacy-policy.html. By participating in the Contest via the online method of entry, entrants hereby agree to Sponsors' collection and usage of their personal information and acknowledge that they have read and accepted Sponsors' respective privacy policies.
9. Arbitration. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Contest. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or this Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, in the City of New York, County of New York, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
10. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This Contest is governed by US law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and Sponsors in connection with this Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in the Arbitration Section of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of New York, in the City of New York, County of New York.
11. Winner's List: To obtain a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by December 31, 2008 to:Judy Miller, Director, New Business Development, Penton's Electronic Design Group, 249 West 17th Street, 3rd floor, New York, NY 10011.