Development Kit Streamlines Wireless Transitions
Groomed for 2.4-GHz wireless applications the PRoC (Programmable Radio-on-a-Chip) Development Kit includes development boards, PRoC modules, LCD modules, schematics, bills-of-materials, source code, and documentation. The kit can be used to develop single-chip applications like small form-factor wireless keyboards and mice, presenter tools, wireless thermostats including LCD displays, precision remote controls for RC toys and more. The PRoC chip combines the company's WirelessUSB 2.4-GHz radio-on-a-chip and programmable system-on-chip (PSoC) mixed-signal array and employ's the company's direct sequence spread spectrum (DSSS) interference immunity technology. The chip comes in a 48-pin QFN package. Price for the kit (CY3653) $350.
CYPRESS SEMICONDUCTOR CORP.,
San Jose, CA. (800) 541-4736.
Enter 117 at www.eepn.com
- PSoC Evaluation Board contains the socket for the PRoC module, a small prototyping board, pushbutton switch, LEDs and other electroncs (see diagram)
- PRoC Modules contain the CYWUSB6953 WirelessUSB PRoC chip and associated electronicson a small pc-board. The PRoC (see diagram) is a flash programmable microcontroller with an integrated 2.4-GHz radio transceiver. The microcontroller is a mixed-signal array device that contains reconfigurable and flexible digital and analog blocks. The microcontroller core is the M8C 8-bit engine. It contains 512 bytes of data SRAM and 8 KB code flash memory. The radio is a high-performance 2.4-GHz transceiver with a fully integrated DSSS baseband. The radio and baseband are both code and frequency agile. Protocols supporting frequency agile direct-spread interference avoidance algorithms such as WirelessUSB are fully compatible with this radio.
- PRoC programmer, called the MiniProg, for programming individual PRoC parts. Programming can be done by using either the MiniProg or the ICE-Cube (see below)
- LCD Module to display application data to provide quick user feedback
- Hardware to support in-circuit emulation consists of a product called ICE-Cube (optional), which connects to the PC with a provided USB cable
- CD-ROM with kit documentation, hardware schematics, tutorial and firmware for application-development
Company: CYPRESS SEMICONDUCTOR CORP.
Product URL: Click here for more information