- Increasingly, computer-based systems employ digital control of power supplies to improve power-management flexibility, maintainability, and reliability.
- Standardized PMBus commands encourage semiconductor and powersupply manufacturers to develop the appropriate technology to control a power supply's operating parameters, monitor its operation, and perform corrective measures in response to faults or operational warnings.
- Starting with 45 executable commands, the PMBus specification will expand as new technologies and circuit configurations evolve.
- Semiconductor and power-supply manufacturers use Windows-based
- GUIs to support PMBus designs.
- Evaluation boards help designers understand PMBus operations.
- The greater use of online design and simulation tools helps to optimize power-supply operation and verify its performance.