Want to know more about these academic programs? Click here
There will be 3 winners each week and 1 Grand Prize winner at the end of the contest.
Texas Instruments is giving away the following LaunchPad every week:
ARM® Cortex®-M4F Based MCU TM4C123G LaunchPad™ Evaluation Kit
The Tiva™ C Series TM4C123G LaunchPad Evaluation Kit is a platform for ARM® Cortex™-M4F based microcontrollers. The design highlights the TM4C123GH6PM microcontroller with a USB 2.0 device interface and hibernation module. Start developing on the Tiva C platform today!
TE Connectivity is giving away (one set of all three) of the following products every week:
Direct interface with a micro-controller is made possible with the module for humidity and temperature digital outputs. These low power sensors are designed for high volume and cost sensitive applications with tight space constraints.
1. HTU21D Digital Relative Humidity sensor with Temperature output: The HTU21D digital humidity and temperature sensor is embedded in a reflow solderable Dual Flat No leads (DFN) package of 3 x 3mm foot print and 1mm height. It provides calibrated, linearized signals in digital, I2C format.
2. 1528-1203-ND Breakout board for HTU21D Digital Humidity Sensor: Peripheral modules are available that provide the necessary plug and play tools to interface the HTU21D to OEM systems.
3. A122008CT-ND USB 3.1 Type-C Connector: TE Connectivity's USB Type-C connector is capable of delivering data, power, and A/V through a single connection at faster speeds.
Schneider Electric is giving away one motor every week:
MDrive products integrate stepper motor, driver, controller, encoder and closed loop performance. These compact motion solutions can simplify your system design, reduce wiring and complexity. Products are programmable and networkable, fitting both new and existing motion applications (winners of this prize can customize their motor). More Information
Bundle includes the following:
• One Texas Instruments Launch pad
• One set of TE Connectivity Sensors (set of 3 items)
• One custom Schneider Electric Motor
• One GoPro SESSION Camera
The winning academic program will be issued an online design challenge. All engineering students at the winning academic program will be eligible to enter the design challenge and submit their ideas. Judges from each sponsor will determine the winning designs. Students, please submit your .edu email address when voting in The Bracket Challenge so that we can verify your school.
The top 3 designs will take home the following prizes:
1st place — Apple Macbook Pro
2nd place — Apple iPad Air
3rd place — GoPro HERO4 Session
Students from the winning university must use Digi-Key's Scheme-It' tool to create their design:
Scheme-It' is a free online schematic drawing tool that will allow you to produce professional looking schematic diagrams, add corresponding part numbers, and share your schematic with others. More info on the design challenge coming soon!
Round 1 (32 remain): March 28th — April 3rd
Round 2 (16 remain): April 4th — April 10th
Round 3 (8 remain): April 11th — April 17th
Round 4 (4 remain): April 18th — April 24th
Round 5 (2 remain): April 25th — May 1st
Champion Declared: May 2nd
Champion Design Challenge Begins: May 4th
Champion Design Challenge Ends: June 4th
• In order to be eligible to win any of the prizes, you must provide valid contact information after voting.
• Limit one prize per winner (except for the Grand Prize)
View the complete contest rules here