The following is a glossary of the terms referenced in this article:
- ADC - analog-to-digital converter
- COTS - commercial off-the-shelf
- DAC - digital-to-analog converter
- DDC - digital downconverter
- DUC - digital upconverter
- ePMC - Enhanced PCI Mezzanine Card
- FPGA - field-programmable gate array
- JTRS - Joint Tactical Radio System
- LVDS - low-voltage differential signal
- PCI - Peripheral Computer Interconnect
- PMC- PCI Mezzanine Card
- RTOS - real-time operating system
- SCA - software communications architecture
- SDR - software-defined radio
For more information pertaining to software-defined-radio technology, check out the following Web sites:
This site provides general information on the Joint Tactical Radio System.
Go to this site to download a copy of the Solano IC datasheet.
The official SDR Forum Web site offers information into ongoing work on SDR technology, research activities, joint developments, and new products.