The 3D Machine Vision reference design employs Texas Instruments DLP® Advanced Light Control Software Development Kit (SDK) for LightCrafter™ series controllers, which allows developers to easily construct 3D point clouds by integrating TI’s digital micromirror device (DMD) technology with cameras, sensors, motors or other peripherals. The highly differentiated 3D Machine Vision system utilizes the DLP® LightCrafter™ 4500 evaluation module (EVM), featuring the DLP4500 WXGA chipset, and enables flexible control of high resolution, accurate patterns for industrial, medical, and security applications.
- 3D scanner solution utilizing the DLP4500 chipset to enable fast and programmable patterns
- Supports synchronized camera capture for both global and rolling shutter cameras
- Generic OpenCV camera module for flexible low cost applications
- Projector and camera calibration routine
- Structured light algorithms for disparity map, depth map and point cloud generation
- Implements both Gray code and hybrid three phase scanning techniques