Available On-Demand Now!
Originally Broadcast: Thursday, July 18, 2019
Sponsor: Mouser Electronics and Phoenix Contact
Event Type: Live Webinar
Duration: 1 Hour
Control, networking, and power. These are the three areas of functional design within any device. Building a device that achieves your business’ needs is one thing but building it with trustworthy product that will last through today and still work tomorrow is where the challenge lies. Device reliability is a huge concern on any engineer’s mind and in order to create a reliable device you have to start at the most basic level; component materials and engineering. In this one hour webinar we will not only discuss, but will educate you, on what makes a reliable connector in today’s electronic industrial market.
Phoenix Contact is a nearly 100 year old company based in north central Germany with a long tradition of being innovative in a vast array of markets, while also being one of the most trusted brands in the industrial electronic market segment. Earning the title as the most trusted brand doesn’t come easy though, as trust is earned, not given. Phoenix Contact over the last century has held true to putting a high emphasis on developing quality connectors through extensive engineering, testing, and R&D, all the way down to the type of raw materials used to construct these connectors.
By attending this webinar you will walk away with having a better understand of:
- Quality in raw materials and why this is the foundation of a reliable connector
- Warning signs of cheap or poorly engineered connectors
- What are the risks of using cheap ‘knock offs’
- Wire termination methods and how to choose the right one for your application
- Board mounting styles and techniques
- How to choose the right one for your application based on examples of each mounting style
- What are the benefits of using a terminal block or plug and header on your PCB
- Understanding of some of our key products and applications for them
James Dunbar, Phoenix Contact Product Marketing Manager PCC, Phoenix Contact
Jim Dunbar has over 30 years’ experience in the connector industry, having held positions in development and product engineering and product management with several connector manufacturers. He holds a BS degree in Electrical Engineering and MBA degree from Pennsylvania State University. He currently holds the position of Product Marketing Manager for PCB terminal blocks and connectors with Phoenix Contact in Harrisburg, PA.