Available On-Demand Now!
Originally Broadcast: Thursday, January 17, 2019
Sponsor: Texas Instruments
Duration: 30 Minutes
Home and building automation systems require robust, low-power connectivity solutions. Whether you are designing an electronic door lock, a security system, or a digital home assistant, Zigbee is the wireless connectivity solution for your design. Zigbee is on the forefront of innovation for interoperable IoT solutions, and TI enables easy implementation of Zigbee into your solution with “Green Power” examples, Electronic Door Lock solutions, and more.
This webinar will detail the fundamental architecture of Zigbee, the benefits of using this standard, the latest advancements with Zigbee 3.0 certification, and an overview of TI’s Zigbee offering. TI’s Zigbee solutions include the lowest power integrated PA in the industry, as well as concurrent multi-protocol solutions with Zigbee and Bluetooth® 5.0. With a wide offering of wireless MCUs, the SimpleLink Platform offers code compatibility and abundant resources for any Zigbee product.
What you will learn:
- Zigbee’s software architecture and how the mesh network operates in your home or building
- Zigbee 3.0’s improved security and network management updates
- TI’s “Green Power” Zigbee solution for battery-less devices
- How to design a Zigbee-powered Electronic Door Lock and Light bulb application
- TI’s Dynamic Multi-protocol Manager software module, which enables a concurrent, multi-protocol Zigbee and BLE solution
- TI’s Zigbee portfolio, including the lowest-power integrated PA in the industry
Product Marketing Engineer
Kirtana is currently a product marketing engineer in the Low Power RF group at Texas Instruments. She supports the SimpleLink MCU platform, focusing on Zigbee, Bluetooth® Low Energy, Sub-1 GHz, Thread, and Multi-protocol solutions. Kirtana holds a bachelor's degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of Texas at Austin, with a focus in Software Engineering and Design.