The Applied Power Electronics Conference (APEC) is coming soon, March 20-24, to be exact. This year the conference will be will held at the Long Beach Convention & Entertainment Center, Long Beach, Calif. Once again, the best in the power electronics industry will meet to discuss the applied aspects of the power electronics business.
This will be my first time at APEC so I am looking forward to meeting the best of power electronics professionals. Meanwhile, my mind is wondering:
- What will be the greatest innovation in GaN applications this year? Will we find better suitable GaN packaging for improved integration?
- What emerging power electronic applications are using SiC?
- Will the WBG market grow faster this year? What challenges have been overcome?
- What innovative power solutions will we find within Si-based IGBTs and MOSFETs ?
- How about power electronics in the Electric Vehicle (EV) market? Will we see more efficient and accurate automotive battery management systems?
- Will we see fast battery-charger solutions?
- What new power electronics applications are available in the renewable energy market?
As you can see, I have many questions and I hope they can all be answered at APEC next month. I will be talking more about APEC soon; please stay tuned!