- Applications for precision op amps are on the upswing, particularly in the automotive market, driving prices down.
- At the same time, offsets, noise, and temperature coefficients are improving even further.
- The latest amplifiers are more layout-tolerant than their predecessors.
- Only a single supply rail on the board? That's okay. The amplifier chip itself can generate the voltages it needs.
- Automakers are still leery of Class D audio power amps, but OEM Class D amps in cars are getting closer. (They're already in aftermarket products, but don't complain about AM interference!).