Lattice Semiconductor's ispPAC Power Manager integrates power-supply sequencing and monitoring functions into a single IC that lets designers program parameters such as sequencing delay and ramp rate (see the figure). The first device in this family, the ispPAC-POWR1208, comes in a 44-pin TQFP. It offers:
- A 32-input, 16-macrocell ispMACH sequence-controller complex programmable-logic device (PLD)
- 12 precision, analog threshold comparators with on-chip voltage references for supply monitoring.
- Four digital inputs and four open-drain digital outputs for system-control interfacing.
- Four high-voltage FET drivers with programmable ramp rate and max voltage for supply control.
- Four programmable timers with an on-chip 250-kHz oscillator for sequence delays and watchdog timers.
Programmable glitch filters enable the chip to operate from noisy power supplies of 2.25 to 5.5 V.
Now sampling, the ispPAC-POWR1208 will cost $9.95 each in lots of 10,000.
For more information, contact [email protected] or visit www.latticesemi.com.