Ener1, Delphi combine Li battery operations; form new firm

Oct. 27, 2004
Ener1 Inc. (www.ener1.com) and Delphi Corp. (www.delphi.com) have combined their lithium battery operations into a new company called EnerDel that will pursue automotive applications, among others.

Ener1 Inc. and Delphi Corp. have combined their lithium battery operations into a new company called EnerDel that will pursue automotive applications, among others.

Ener1, which contributed $15 million in working capital to the new venture, owns 80.5% of EnerDel's common stock. Delphi owns the remaining 19.5%.

Ener1 chairman and CEO Kevin Fitzgerald said his firm’s nanotechnology-based vapor deposition process is expected to offer substantial cost advantages for EnerDel's new battery products due to greater choice of potential electrode materials, faster production times and elimination of binders and coating materials in the production of lithium batteries.

”Our battery cell production skills are complemented by Delphi's design and production team, cell packaging, systems design and large-scale production expertise,” he says.

Sponsored Recommendations

Design AI / ML Applications the Easy Way

March 29, 2024
The AI engineering team provides an overview and project examples of the complete reference solutions based on RA MCUs that are designed for easy integration of AI/ML technology...

Ultra-low Power 48 MHz MCU with Renesas RISC-V CPU Core

March 29, 2024
The industrys first general purpose 32-bit RISC-V MCUs are built with an internally developed CPU core and let embedded system designers develop a wide range of power-conscious...

Asset Management Recognition Demo AI / ML Kit

March 29, 2024
See how to use the scalable Renesas AI Kits to evaluate and test the application examples and develop your own solutions using Reality AI Tools or other available ecosystem and...

RISC-V Unleashes Your Imagination

March 29, 2024
Learn how the R9A02G021 general-purpose MCU with a RISC-V CPU core is designed to address a broad spectrum of energy-efficient, mixed-signal applications.

Comments

To join the conversation, and become an exclusive member of Electronic Design, create an account today!