This video appeared in Machine Design and has been published here with permission.
Check out more Hannover Messe 2023 coverage.
Emqopter was showcasing its Q-Series autonomous drone delivery system at the Hannover Messe press preview. The system consists of a delivery drone and robot that can deliver a package without human interaction.
The system can transport up to 5 kilograms for an hour. The package can be handed off to the system robot to complete the delivery, making it suitable for logistics operations and medical sample transportation.
Specifications of the Q series, as listed on the Emqopter website:
- Type: available as an octocopter or as a hexacopter
- Wing span: approx. 150 cm
- Frame with foldable outriggers
- Motors (maximum power consumption: approximately 4,000 W)
- Fairing and cover
- Power distribution board
- Payload: okotopter up to 2 kg, hexakopter up to 5 kg
- Standard model comes without flight electronics
- Integration of any flight electronics by customers or if required as an extension by Emqopter possible