In the September 2002 "Editor's Note," Wireless Systems Design opened its annual award process to our loyal readers. We asked for nominations in the following categories:
- Industry Leader Award: This title is given to the person who has been most instrumental in advancing and shaping the wireless industry.
- Reader's Choice Award: This cover product is the one deemed most valuable by the readers of Wireless Systems Design.
- Best Wireless Technology: The winner of this category is the company/organization with the most innovative wireless technology/component/material. That technology must have been successfully demonstrated, though not yet commercialized, before January 1, 2003.
- Best Wireless Product: This title is bestowed on the best new wireless end product on the market. It must be commercially available prior to January 1, 2003.
- Best Wireless Design Tool/ Environment/Platform: This design tool/environment/platform must have proven itself to be the one most useful to engineers designing wireless systems.
Thanks to all of you, the response to this request for nominations has been absolutely overwhelming. In fact, there were so many viable nominations that it was virtually impossible for the Editors and myself to adequately process them all—especially during this holiday season! Previously, we had planned to print a list of final nominations in this issue. To be fair and give ourselves time to adequately review each of the nominations, however, we will be abstaining from doing so right now. Instead, we will take the next couple of weeks to par down the nominations to a reasonable number in each category.
The final selections will be posted on the Wireless Systems Design web site (www.wsdmag.com) beginning in January. You will then have approximately two weeks to review them and send us your final selections. You can send them directly to me at [email protected]
Remember that all winners will be featured in an upcoming issue of Wireless Systems Design and presented an award at the Wireless Systems 2003 Conference and Exhibition (www.wirelesssystems2003.com). We'd love to have you there for the celebration! In the meantime, thank you again for all of the nominations. Have a safe and happy holiday season! :)