TDK Corporation extended its portfolio of EPCOS film capacitors for dc link applications with the new B3277*M series. The new types are suitable for extreme environmental conditions—as has been proven by a THB test (temperature, humidity, bias) at 85°C, 85% relative humidity with a rated voltage applied for 1000 hours, says the company.
The capacitors are designed for rated voltages between 450 and 1600 V dc. They offer capacitance values between 0.33 and 120 µF, and maximum operating temperature of these RoHS-compatible components is 105°C. Depending on the voltage and capacitance, the lead spacings are 27.5, 37.5, and 52.5 mm. A two- or four-pin version is available for each lead spacing. The service life of the self-healing capacitors is 50,000 hours at the rated voltage and an operating temperature of 85°C.
Typical applications include dc links of converters for photovoltaic plants, as well as frequency converters and power supplies for industrial applications. The series is qualified in accordance with AEC-Q200.
- DC links of converters for photovoltaic plants
- Frequency converters and power supplies for industrial electronics applications
Main features and benefits
- Successful completion of THB tests at 85°C, 85% relative humidity, and an applied rated voltage for 1000 hours.
- Wide voltage range of 450 to 1600 V dc
- Wide capacitance range of 0.33 to 120 µF
Further information on the devices can be found here.