Santa Rosa, CA. Keysight Technologies announced it will unveil more than 20 new solutions at the Automotive Testing Expo 2017 October 24-26 in Novi, MI. The company said these new solutions will allow engineers to accomplish uncompromised safety, conformance, and performance verification of their automotive electronic components and modules in the connected-car and vehicle electrification domains, ultimately helping them bring their products to market faster.
Among the innovations unveiled publicly for the first time is the suite of BroadR-Reach V3.2- and IEEE 802.3bw-compatible automotive Ethernet solutions. These new solutions provide automated set-up and testing for Tx, link segment, and Rx connectivity—including all required 100Base-T1 and 1000Base-T1 Tx tests.
To overcome ultra-wideband mmWave measurement challenges, Keysight will unveil its new automotive radar R&D solution that offers comprehensive coverage for 77/79-GHz radar, along with greater than 5-GHz wideband signal analysis and generation with industry-best displayed average noise level (DANL) performance.
“Keysight brings to the industry decades of measurement leadership, strong worldwide presence, and proven operational excellence,” said Siegfried Gross, vice president and general manager of Keysight’s Automotive and Energy Solutions business unit. “The addition of Ixia’s solution portfolio into the Keysight family brings deep expertise in IP network assessment and new software solutions to broaden our portfolio for connected car solutions. With increasing vehicle electrification, testing of charging, battery-management systems, and inverter technology will become critical success factors for maximizing energy efficiency and reliability. We are excited to have Scienlab as part of Keysight’s portfolio, allowing us to enable a rapid ramp-up of customer-centric solutions in the very dynamic e-Mobility segment of the automotive industry.”
In related news, Keysight said it is opening an automotive solution center in Novi. The new center will include customer electronic test and measurement labs, technical experts, and state-of-the-art test equipment, as well as a customer training facility for hands-on workshops and seminars, and vehicle test bay.
Keysight will demonstrate the following new solutions at ATE 2017:
- a hybrid-electric/electric vehicle power converter test system—with highly integrated safety features as well as a regenerative power system;
- a Li-ion cell performance test solution that characterizes cells under charge/discharge conditions that match actual applications;
- satellite radio test for creating fully coded multicarrier signals for receiver and component test;
- user-definable Manchester and NRZ trigger and decode solutions for automotive serial bus testing;
- Scienlab’s charging function and interoperability test system for EV and EVSE charging systems;
- bench-top oscilloscopes for CAN, LIN, and embedded serial triggering and analysis;
- functional test solutions for automotive electronic control units; and
- channel emulation solutions for MIMO, beamforming, WLAN, aerospace, MANET, and MIMO OTA testing.
In addition, Keysight will present the following two papers at the ATE 2017 Open Technology Forum:
- “Addressing Disruptive Changes in HEV/EV Power Converter Design and Test,” Wednesday, October 25, 2:30 p.m.; and
- “Benefits and Test Challenges of 5G in Automotive Applications,” Tuesday, October 24, 11:40 a.m.
More information about Keysight’s automotive test solutions is available at www.keysight.com/find/automotive.