IGBT & SiC Gate Driver Fundamentals: Enabling the world to do more with less power
Doing more with less power can be achieved with both IGBT and SiC, but how do you choose? Get answers to common driver questions on topics including protection, isolation technology, and basic functionality.
- Impact of an isolated gate driver
- The Landscape of Isolated DC/DC Bias Power Supplies
- Isolation 101: How to find the right isolation solution for your application
- GaN: From Watts to Kilowatts
Get to know your gate driver
In this multi-part video series, learn about important gate driver specs, why they’re important, and how they can influence the systems around them. Each video is less than 3 min and is filled with tips and tricks to consider when designing your power system!
- Does GaN Have a Body Diode?
- Fundamentals of MOSFET and IGBT Gate Driver Circuits
- Understanding and Designing an Active Clamp Current Mode Controlled Converter
- A New Approach to Validate GaN FET Reliability
Shrink your power solutions by 80%
Get reinforced isolated power transfer in an IC-sized package with the new UCC12050 isolated DC/DC bias power supply with the lowest EMI. The 2.65-mm-tall device doubles the efficiency, offers industry-leading EMI performance and a wide temperature range for industrial applications.
- 600-V 150- -mΩ GaN with integrated driver and cycle-by-cycle overcurrent protection
- Current mode active clamp PWM controller
- Drop-in opto-compatible isolated gate driver
- N-channel MOSFET half-bridge gate driver