April 4, 2013. Newly revamped and expanded for 2013, the Best of Sensors Expo Awards will focus on applications and innovations in the world of sensors, as well as excellence among engineers. These awards are presented by Melanie Martella, the editor of Sensors, at Sensors Expo & Conference on Wednesday, June 5, at 3:30 p.m.
Best of Sensors Expo submissions will be accepted in the following categories:
- Innovation Award. This award seeks to recognize advances in sensor and sensor related technologies, either in the form of novel technologies or as significant improvements in existing technologies.
- Application Award. This award is for sensor applications, whether commercial or experimental. Nominated applications should use sensors, must be distinctive, must have the potential to change the way people work, and must serve a real need.
- Engineers of the Year Award. This award is intended to recognize engineering teams working within the sensor industry. Winners must have provided an outstanding contribution to the sensors industry, either through the development of sensor technology or by its application to address real-world problems.
- Rising Star Award. This award is intended to recognize a young engineer who is active within the sensors industry and has already contributed to advancing sensor technology or sensor applications.
Sensors Expo takes place June 4-6 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL. Of particular note is a track titled “Novel Approaches to Measurement & Detection,” presented in cooperation with EE-Evaluation Engineering, with Executive Editor Rick Nelson serving as co-organizer and moderator. An introductory session will present strategic insights into the future of the world data-acquisition and sensor market. Other track topics include
- vibration sensing,
- IEEE 1451.2.4-compatible sensors,
- magnetoresistive field sensors,
- electrical-drive-train test,
- sensor noise suppression,
- inductive-displacement sensors,
- embedded microprocessor-based watchdogs, and
- in-vehicle datalogging.
Click here to register and for more information.