Recognizing the best product advances in electronic engineering, the winners of the Best in Design & Test Awards at DesignCon 2015 were revealed this week. Awards were given for nine categories, as well as Engineer of the Year. Michael Steinberger, lead architect at SiSoft, took home the Engineer award, based on his leadership and next-generation thinking. The annual award, sponsored by National Instruments, bestowed Steinberger with a $10,000 grant to the educational institution of his choice, the California Institute of Technology.
Other winners included:
- General Purpose Test: VirtualBench, National Instruments
- Signal Integrity/High-Speed Test: SV3C CPRX 4-Lane C-PHY Analyzer, Introspect Technology
- Semiconductor/IP: Semiconductor Test System (STS) Series, National Instruments
- RF/Microwave Test: PXI Vector Network Analyzer, Keysight Technologies
- Power/Analog Tools: WEBENCH PCB Export, Texas Instruments
- Interconnect Technologies & Components: Xpedition Package Integrator, Mentor Graphics
- EMI Design Tools & Test: R&S RTE Digital Oscilloscope, Rohde & Schwarz
- Design Verification Tools: ValydateVERA, Valydate Inc.
- Board & System Design & Simulation: Xpedition Enterprise, Mentor Graphics