1. Introduction: Electronic Design, Machine Design, Microwaves & RF, and Tektronix are offering the Online Sweepstakes. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
Sweepstakes may only be entered in or from [the 50 United States and the District of Columbia] and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. This Sweepstakes is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Sweepstakes if you are not located within the 50 United States or the District of Columbia.
2. Eligibility: Entrant must be a legal a resident of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who is 18 or older as of 11/21/2018. Employees of Sponsors, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and their family/household members (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) are not eligible to enter. Void [set forth where void] outside the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law. All federal, state and/or local rules and regulations apply.
3. Start/End Dates: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 a.m. E.T. on Monday, December 3, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. E.T. December 23rd, 2018.
4. How to Enter: Visit http://pages.electronicdesign.com/santasworkshop and fill in required entry information. Entrants must accurately provide all required contact information. Limit one entry per person, per email address. More than one entry from any person or e-mail address will void all entries from that person or e-mail address. Entrants must have a valid email address. All entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor is the official timekeeper for the Sweepstakes, of which all decisions are final. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic, including, but not limited to, bugs or malfunctions, that Entrants may encounter when submitting an entry or participating in the Sweepstakes. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
5. Drawing: Winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received, on or about December 30th, 2018 by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Potential winner will be notified by e-mail or mail on or about January 9th, 2019. Each entrant selected as a potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements.
6. Prizes: The following prizes will be awarded:
$500 check (after taxes)
Approximate retail value of prize: $500
Sponsors make no warranties with regard to the prizes. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions of prize allowed by winner(s), but Sponsors reserve the right to substitute, in its sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value due to prize unavailability. Prizes are not redeemable by winner for cash value. All taxes, fees and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of winner. Each Sweepstake Entrant hereby irrevocably waives the right to assert as a cost of receiving any prize any and all costs of verification and redemption to redeem such prize, if any, and any liability which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem such prize. If applicable, prizes will only be delivered to United States addresses.
7. Affidavit of Eligibility/Release: The winner will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where lawful, a Publicity Release within 14 days of prize notification. If winner is a minor (under 18, or under 19 in Alabama and Nebraska), prize will be awarded to minor’s parent or legal guardian, who must sign and return all required documents. If the winner cannot be contacted within 14 calendar days of first notification attempt, if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Sweepstakes rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
8. Conditions: Where lawful, Sponsor will have right to photograph winner. Entry constitutes permission to winner’s name, picture, likeness, and city and state of residence for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion for no additional compensation except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants, winner and travel companion agree to release and hold harmless Sponsors, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotions agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Sweepstakes, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Sponsors are not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place or if prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
9. Miscellaneous: All entries become the sole property of Sponsor(s) and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute, entries made by Internet will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The "authorized account holder" is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor(s) with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to suspend, cancel or modify these Rules as necessary for any reason or as required by applicable law. Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR(S) RESERVE(S) THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. [List of Winners] [Winner’s Name]: To obtain the name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by February 21st, 2019 to: Karen Field, 125 Cambridge Parkway, Cambridge, MA 02142