Honolulu, HI (PRNewswire). Today the IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques Society (MTT-S) in partnership with the IEEE Communications Society (ComSoc) is announcing their collaboration on a special 5G Summit to be held June 5-6, 2017. The summit will feature industry experts representing both the hardware/systems and networking/services aspects for the upcoming 5G standard.
“5G is a leading topic in the industry right now and co-locating a summit with the world’s largest RF and microwave event is a great opportunity. IMS brings thought leaders from industry, academia, and government together, representing all aspects of the 5G spectrum from MTT-S’s focus on hardware and systems to ComSoc’s networking and services focus,” said Doug Zuckerman, consultant at Vencore Labs and member of IMS2017 5G Summit Committee (ComSoc).
The 5G Summit will feature a keynote presentation from Flavio Bonomi, founder and CEO of Nebbiolo Technologies, and Professor (Emeritus) Arogyaswami Paulraj of Stanford University. Bonomi will provide an overview of 5G and show the relationship between fog computing and networking as a key enabler of the technology whereas Arogyaswami will focus on the latest research in massive MIMO. A complete speaker list can be found here.
For an insider’s view of 5G, the Summit includes the 5G Executive Forum, a two-hour session with executive leaders in the field that will be open to all conference attendees—concluding with a networking reception. Speakers include
- Sanyogita Shamsunder, executive director, 5G Strategy/EcoSystem, Verizon;
- Vida Ilderem, vice president of Intel Labs and director of wireless communication research;
- Bami Bastani, senior vice president for the RF business unit at GLOBALFOUNDRIES;
- Michael Stewart, CEO and a co-founder of Escape Communications Inc.;
- Khurram P. Sheikh, CEO of Kwikbit; and
- Mark Pierpoint, vice president and general manager of the Internet Infrastructure Solutions Group at Keysight Technologies Inc.
“IMS is the place to learn and discuss the future of key technologies so it was a natural fit for an event like the 5G Summit,” said Debabani Choudhury of Intel Labs and IMS2017 5G Summit Committee Chair (MTT). “Our 5G Summit speaker list is a testament to IMS being the place where thought leadership happens.”
To register for the 5G Summit and IMS2017, visit http://bit.ly/IMS2017Registration.