"Going Green with IoT" (GGI) is a unique hybrid event intended to bring together business owners and industry leaders in agriculture, energy, and ecology with professionals in the Internet of Things ecosystem to explore some of the options for using technology to create a cleaner, greener future. Held on Thursday, April 29, 2021 from 3:00 PM ET/2:00 PM CT, GGI combines a competition and an educational webcast. Registration is free.
The competition, created by IoT Marketing LLC, will be awarding first, second, and third place prizes in two categories:
- Awards for “Most Sustainable IoT Solutions” are given to a business or individual who has developed an IoT product or service geared to achieve greener, cleaner, long-term solutions for the earth. Solutions in this category can address issues that include agriculture, ecology, food supply, environmental, toxin monitoring (food, air, water, etc.), standards and regulations enforcement, smart farming, protecting natural resources, and waste management.
- Awards for “Most Efficient IoT Solutions 2021” will go to IoT products or services that enable operational efficiency and improved energy consumption. Solutions in this category can address issues that include reducing carbon footprint, optimizing resources, green computing, syncing data between multiple devices and platforms, smart recycling, waste reduction, and intelligent energy storage.
Prior to the awards, Industry Insights Webinars will present an educational webcast titled “Going Green with IoT.” The program will have a panel of thought leaders, experts, and solution providers who will share the benefits that can be harnessed through green IoT technology.
The panel's discussion points will include:
- Connected solutions for combating climate change
- How IoT can improve energy efficiency
- Benefits of green computing
- Drones and other trends for smart agriculture
- Waste-management solutions
- Factoring power consumption into the design of IoT device hardware and software
The panelists will also share insights on overcoming industry-specific barriers that can prevent IoT adoption, best practices for eco-friendly IoT deployments, and tips for how to include energy efficiency in your digital strategy. Attendees will receive a free copy of the program's information-packed slide deck.
You can find more information on the contests and register to attend both events by clicking here.