It's still not too late to earn fame, fortune, and peer recognition by presenting a paper at APEC 2024, North America's most "powerful" technical conference. Scheduled to be held from February 25-29, 2024, in Long Beach, California (home of the fabled Queen Mary cruise liner and several other unusual attractions), APEC continues its long-standing tradition of addressing issues of immediate and long-term interest to the practicing power electronics engineer. You can be a part of the action by proposing a paper digest submission for the Technical Program.
Since APEC 2024 will be held in February rather than the traditional March timeframe, authors wishing to present a paper must submit a digest for consideration by July 24, 2023. Instructions for submitting your proposal are available here.
Topics of interest are divided into 13 tracks:
- AC-DC Converters: Single-Phase and Three-Phase Input, Power Factor Correction, CCM, DCM, CRM/BCM Control, Bridgeless, Embedded AC-DC Power Supplies and External AC-DC Adapters, and Bidirectional AC-DC Converters
- DC-DC Converters: Hard- and Soft-Switched, Resonant Converters, Point-of-Load and Multi-Phase Converters, Voltage Regulator Modules (VRM), and Bidirectional DC-DC Converters
- Power Electronics for Utility Interface: Power Generation, Transmission and Distribution, Power Quality, UPS, Filters, Distributed Energy Systems. Smart Grid, Solid-State Transformers, Metering, and Bidirectional Grid Interface Converters
- Motor Drives and Inverters: AC, DC, BLDC Motor Drives, Single- and Multi-Phase Inverters, Sensor Integration, Actuators, and High-Performance Drives
- Devices and Components: Power Silicon MOSFETs, BJTs, IGBTs, GaN HEMTs, SiC MOSFETs and BJTs, Fast Recovery Diodes, Capacitors, Supercapacitors, Interconnects, and Fuses
- Power Electronics Integration and Manufacturing: Power Electronics Packaging, Power Modules/High-Density Design, Thermal and EMC Management, Quality and System Reliability, Embedding Technologies, 3D Packaging and Additive Manufacturing, Production Processes, and Design for Manufacturability
- Modeling and Simulation: Circuits and Systems, Device and Component Modeling, Parasitics, Software Tools, and Rapid Prototyping
- Control: Control of Power Electronic Converters, Current-Mode and Voltage-Mode Control, Digital Control, Sensor and Sensorless Control, Gate Drive Circuits, Control ICs, MCUs, DSPs, FPGAs, and ASICs
- Wireless Power Transfer: Wireless Charging, Energy Harvesting, Power for IoT, and Non-Contact Sensors for Power Electronics
- Renewable Energy Systems: Photovoltaic (PV) Inverters and Micro Inverters, Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT), Wind Energy Conversion Systems, Fuel Cells, Grid-Tied Systems, Bidirectional Power Converters, Microgrid Systems, and Energy Storage Systems
- Transportation Power Electronics: Vehicular Power Electronic Circuits and Systems, Power Electronics for Hybrid and Electric Cars, Power Electronics for Aerospace, and Charging Systems
- Power Electronics Applications: Lamp Ballasts and LED Lighting, Network and Telecommunication Power Electronics, Defense and Military Power Electronics, AC-DC-AC Applications and Matrix Converters, Portable Power, and Energy Harvesting
- Magnetics: Advanced Magnetic Materials and Geometries, Magnetics Applications, High-Frequency Magnetics, Additive Manufacturing, and Magnetics Modeling and Simulations
Prospective authors of Technical Program papers are asked to submit a digest explaining the problem that will be addressed by the paper, its major results, and how it’s different from the closest existing literature. Technical Program Papers presented at APEC must be original material and not have been previously presented or published.
The principal criteria used by reviewers in selecting digests for the program will be the usefulness of the work to the practicing power electronics professional. They also value evidence of completed experimental work. Authors should obtain any necessary company and governmental clearance prior to submission of digests.
Author will be notified of the decision of paper acceptance on September 26, 2023. Accepted papers in final form must be submitted and author registration completed by November 3, 2023.