Fountain Inn, SC. AVX Corp. has announced the limited release of its new Energy Harvesting Application Design Kit. The kit features a range of low-loss components hand-selected to provide engineers with solutions for energy storage, blocking, IC support, output filtering, and external connections in thermoelectric generators, solar cells, piezoelectric devices, and micro wind turbines. The kit includes MLCCs, supercapacitors, Schottky diodes, inductors, and connectors. It also comes with a booklet that provides users with a brief introduction to energy harvesting and additional information about the components it contains.
Here are the components included in the new Energy Harvesting Application Design Kit:
- X5R dielectric capacitors, which offer high volumetric efficiency and are suited for space-constrained decoupling and filtering applications;
- X7R dielectric capacitors, which exhibit nonlinear temperature variation of capacitance within ±15% from -55°C to +125°C;
- SCC Series supercapacitors, which offer excellent pulse power handling characteristics resulting from a combination of high capacitance and very low ESR and can be used by themselves or in conjunction with primary or secondary batteries to achieve extended back-up time, longer battery life, and instantaneous power pulses as needed;
- SD Series Schottky rectifier diodes, which feature leadless chip packaging technology that eliminates lead frame wire bonds for greater top-bottom symmetry with fewer mounting problems and improved heat transfer and current handling capabilities;
- LMXN Series (Style B) power inductors, which feature robust, non-shielded ferrite cores;
- 9286 Series wire-to-wire connectors, which provide maximum wire retention for 18- to 24-AWG solid and stranded wires via an active stainless steel spring contact that eliminates the need for push-button activation and achieves significant cost savings;
- 9296 Series wire-to-board poke-home connectors, which feature a dual-beam boxed contact system, enable solderless surface-mount attachment to PCBs and provide simple and reliable terminations for 12- to 28-AWG solid and stranded wires; and
- 9175/6/7 wire-to-board STRIPT IDC contacts, which provide cost-effective, insulator-less connections for discrete 12–28AWG wires, function just like traditional insulated connectors, and are UL-certified.
AVX’s new, limited-release Energy Harvesting Application Design Kit (part number: KIT-ENERGY HARVEST) is now available and ready to ship. For ordering information, contact your local AVX sales representative, a list of which can be found at http://www.avx.com/contact-us/authorized/, or request a kit via the sample request page at http://www.avx.com/resources/samples/. For more information about the various passive component series represented in the kit, visit http://www.avx.com/docs/techinfo/samplekits/AVX-Energy-Harvesting-Booklet.pdf.